Everyone loves black forest cake. There is nothing new in it. But do you know some essential things about it? No! Then this piece of content will guide you thoroughly. Not only the vital things but here I am going to share a recipe with which you can make this delicious cake with much ease in your home.
Who Is The Inventor Of This cake?
A pastry chef of café Ahrend in Bad Godesberg, Germany, Josef Keller, invented it in 1915 and named it as Schwarzwaelder Kirsch, which means Black Forest Cherry.
Why Did He Choose The Name Black Forest?
In this cake, gentle alcoholic liquor named Schwarzwälder Kirschwasser is used. It gives this dessert a distinct flavor of burned cherries as well as the name.
Is Chocolate Cake And Black Forest Cake Same?
No, they are totally different. While the chocolate cake is made with melted chocolate, in the black forest recipe, the frosting of whipped cream and cherries are used between the layers as well as on the top.
Do You Have To Store It In The Refrigerator?
Yes, before serving to your guests or friends, you have to keep it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour. This way, the whipped cream and cherry frosting will be appropriately set. Then slice it and serve. If you have any left-over, keep it in an air-tight box for about two days in room temperature. But, if you want to store it for about one week, then you need to keep in the refrigerator.
Now you get the idea of these vital things. Hence, I am giving you a quick recipe that will help you prepare this dessert in your home.
- Food cake mix with pudding – 1 packet of 18.25 ounce
- Eggs – 3
- Almond extract – 1 tbsp
- Cherry pie filling – 1 can of 21 ounce
- Chocolate chips – 1 ½ cups, semisweet variety
For Making Glaze
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Confectioner’s sugar – ½ cup
Whipped cream and cherries
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a pan of 9*13 inch and grease it.
- Take a large bowl and mix the cherry pie filling, cake mix, chocolate chips, almond extract, and the eggs. Mix them very well.
- Tip the cake batter in the greased pan and put it in the oven. Bake it for about 50 minutes. Once done, take the pan out and keep it aside so that the cake is cooled completely.
For Making The Glaze
- Take a saucepan and add the milk, butter, and the remaining chocolate chips. Put it on the medium flame and stir till the chocolate chips melt. Now add the confectioner’s sugar and mix well.
- Now take the cooled cake and cover it with this glaze. Add whipped cream along with cherry on the top to make it incredibly delectable.
So, your black forest cake is done. What are you thinking? Have a bite and let me know how it is made.