Summer is here and this is the best time to try some awesome recipes like smoothies, milkshakes, drinks and ice creams and ice cream cakes. Ice cream cake usually comes with ice cream in the form of a cake with layers of cookie crumble or cake sponge in between. You can make an ice cream cake in a variety of different flavors and with an array of toppings and fillings. Here is an ice cream cake recipe that you should try at least once.
Brownie Sundae Ice Cream Cake
Prep Time: 50mins
Total Time: 8hrs
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp coarse salt
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, (preferably melted 61% cacao)
- 1 ¼ cup softened vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cup softened strawberry ice cream
- 1/3 cup crushed raspberries
- Sugared peanuts
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
Method Of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 375ºC. Spray a 9 x 13inch baking vessel/pan with cooking spray. Use parchment paper to line up the pan. Let it hang over the sides. Coat again with cooking spray. Whisk cocoa, flour, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Take another bowl and beat sugar and butter together on a moderate speed until light and fluffy for 3mins. Add egg, one at a time, beat until smooth. Next, add vanilla and beat. Set mixer on the lowest speed and add flour mixture in three batches, alternately adding milk in between. Mix till all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Transfer batter to the baking pan and smoothen out the top with a spatula. Bake for 15mins or until firm on top and wobbly in the center. Transfer pan on a wire rack and let it cool.
- Utilize plastic wrap to line a loaf pan. Lift brownie from baking pan with edges of parchment paper. Cut into three pieces crosswise. One piece should be of the same size as that of the loaf pan. Next one should be wider than the first one. The last piece should be widest of all three.
- Place the smallest piece with the top up in loaf pan. Spread peanut butter followed by vanilla ice cream on top. Place second largest brownie upside down on ice cream. Garnish with raspberries and top with strawberry ice cream. Place the last piece upside down. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 6 hours or 1 day.
- Run a butter greased knife along the edges of the pan. With the aid of plastic wrap remove the cake from the pan and gently place on serving the dish. Add whipped cream on top and decorate with peanuts. Cut with a sharp blade/knife. Clean the blade after every cut. Serve along with a cherry on top.