Not that I am too much fond of desserts. Well, I have it just as a part of the full course meals. But, with this carrot cake, it’s a bit different. I drool over it every time. This scrumptious carrot cake recipe is a part and parcel of my everyday existence and I can’t enough of it, no matter how many times I gorge on it.
Let me tell you that many people think that carrot cake is a dessert that carrot cakes are essentially for Easter. Well, it is, but not as much as you think about it. However, this cake is such an incredible dessert and I believe that you can actually enjoy it round the year.
I think it’s enough of talks and now we should move straight to the recipe.
Mouthwatering Carrot Cake Recipe With Cream Cheese Frosting
This homemade carrot cake is an authentic American recipe that you will love having any time of the day.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
For the carrot cake
- All-purpose flour about 250 gms
- Baking powder about 2 tsp
- 1 spoon of baking soda
- 2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- Ginger powder about 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Vegetable oil or canola oil
- Eggs kept in room temperature
- Granulated sugar about a half cup
- Unsweetened applesauce about 150 gms. Use as per the requirement and set aside the rest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- And the most important one, 300 cups (or 3 cups ) of grated carrots.
For the cream cheese frosting
- Cream cheese, a bit softened in room temperature
- Unsalted butter about 1 cup in room temperature
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Pure vanilla extract about 1 tsp
Method Of Preparation
Preparing Carrot Cake
- Preheat the oven t 350°F and get the cake pan ready. Brush little oil on the pan and place a parchment paper for easier removal) and set aside.
- Fetch a large bowl and mix baking powder, baking soda, flour cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until properly mixed. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat, eggs, oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Whisk it thoroughly and add the grated carrots into these ingredients. Keep mixing it.
- Now mix the wet and dry ingredients together with a rubber spatula until just combined, making sure not to over mix the batter.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Check with a toothpick from time to time to make sure how properly it’s baking. Now transfer it to a wire rack, and allow it to cool It will take around 25 to 30 mins.
- By the time, you focus on preparing the frosting
Preparation Of Cream Cheese Frosting
In a mixing bowl (or you can even use a mixer grinder) beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the unsalted butter and mix it for a minute to turn it smooth. Now add vanilla powder and granulated sugar to get it fully mixed.
Assemble The Carrot Cake
Once the frosting is ready, smear the cooled cake with it. Level it up with a knife or cake leveler. Place one cake slice on the cake stand, and dress it up with adequate frosting, and then place another slice. Top it again with frosting and then place the final slice. Now cover the entire carrot cake with residual frosting. You can garnish it with cherries or some other topics if you want.
So, what do you think? Isn’t it a delicious carrot cake recipe to make you drool forever?