Lime has been a favorite flavor for many people all over the world. It is used in various dishes to give an extra zing of flavor that would otherwise be lacking. One classic dish that you might not have thought about using lime with is key lime pie. The sky’s the limit when it comes to what you can do with this recipe, so let’s get started!
The first thing you are going to want to do if making this no bake key lime pie without condensed milk is to gather up your ingredients and supplies.
You will need
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened at room temperature but not melted
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour or cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust, and whipped cream for topping (optional).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the lime juice, sugar, egg yolks, butter, and flour mixture until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the graham cracker pie crust and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Once the pie has been set, take it out of the fridge about thirty minutes before you want to eat it so that it can come up to room temperature.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and serve. This recipe yields eight servings.
- Once you have gathered your ingredients and have followed the directions above, you should have a pie that looks something like this.
With all of its rich creamy flavor, no one will guess that this was a no bake key lime pie without condensed milk! It is just as delicious as any other version you’ve ever had and it won’t weigh you down. You might want to consider making it for your next get-together. People will absolutely love it.
- 1 (9 ounces) package chocolate wafers (GF)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 12 ounces dairy-free white chocolate, melted and cooled to lukewarm (pure vegetable shortening may be substituted, but the crust will lack flavor and some texture; coconut oil can cause it to become too hard if left at room temperature)
Put the first three ingredients in a food processor and process until crushed evenly. Add melted chocolate and pulse until the mixture comes together. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or dish. Let set up before filling. Will keep refrigerated for one month or more. Give it a try!
- 1 1/2 cups Key lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 (14 ounces) of confectioner’s sugar
- 4 egg yolks (GF)
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour filling over crust. Chill for several hours or overnight before serving. Enjoy!
No Bake Key Lime Pie without condensed milk is a classic pie that you can enjoy for dessert any day of the week. If you want to make your own, these recipes are easy and delicious. No matter which recipe you choose, there’s something great waiting for you at the end.