Meta Data: it is surprising to know how people still nurse that believe that you cannot bake a cake without eggs. Be read, ‘cis your narrative is about to change.
Cakes are great; we all love it. No matter the type, it always comes with a unique taste that will make you go over again for a second bite. Nevertheless, some people have shied away from cakes simply because of the presence of eggs. While some will think that cakes won’t be edible without eggs in it, others believe its absence makes it healthier for consumption.
It will be worthy to note that apart from those who avoid eggs due to medical reasons, most people who stay away from eating cakes are mostly vegetarians. Well, the good news is that those days of avoiding cakes because of the presence of eggs are over; you can now bake an eggless cake at your convenience without any scrutiny. But before you proceed to bake these cakes, there are some few protocols you need to observe. Read on.
Tips for Baking an Eggless Cake
• Be careful not to add dry ingredients into your cake mixture; this can lead to deflation in the cake. Just combine all the dry ingredients in a way that won’t disturb the airy texture in any way.
• If you are baking either sponge cake or butterscotch cake, it is recommended that you first extract the cake from the mould pan once it is out of the oven. Allow the cake to cool down for away, but not for that long. Allowing it to go cool down for longer makes it look denser and flat.
• Avoid making the lime juice and vinegar the last thing to add while mixing your eggless cake.
• Don’t make the mistake of adding too many raising agents; adding too much of these things can make the cake droop. This is necessary while baking vegetarian cakes.
• There are two important things you need to note while baking your eggless cake: cold the cake off using a wire rack, it ensures proper flow of air avoid collision of the cake, and
So, yes. It is possible to bake that delicious cake without adding eggs and without compromising the taste and softness. All you need is to follow those procedures, and you will be just fine. Eggless cake making may not be as easy as it seems, Also note that you can use this same procedure in baking other types of eggless cakes like the eggless chocolate cake, vanilla cake, marble cake, e.t.c.
Let’s look at the nutritional contents; eggless cakes contain carbohydrates, calories, and proteins. But one can’t say the same for all the types of eggless cakes; the calories in a vanilla cake might differ from those in marble cakes. But in all, the most important thing is to make sure your cake is as hygienic as possible, add the right ingredient measurement, and make sure it doesn’t burn while in the oven; it can change the taste.
We will like to add that eggless cakes are also very high in energy properly because of the high milk content. A half-cup of milk is expected to give you 513 colonies; this is a neutral development, meaning that those conscious of their weight should try and avoid it, despite its eggless characteristics.