Weekend is already here and as summer is about to end, why don’t you different types of ice cream cake recipes that will keep you hooked. Ice cream cake is one of the best kind of cake as it will be combining two of our favorite recipes together. These cakes are your go to option whenever you are dying from cravings as they are perfect to satisfy the cravings. These cakes are made with a lot of care and they require you to put in some efforts while baking the cake. If you are a cake lover, then this five layer easy Oreo ice cream cake recipe will be your perfect pick.
5 Layers In This Cake
This is a five layered cake and the layers that you have here are
- Chocolate ice cream
- Oreo cookie crust
- Hot fudge
- Peanut butter ice cream
- Whipped cream and sprinkles on top
You have the choice of using any kind of ice cream flavor you want here but the chocolate and peanut butter ice cream are mandatory. You have the choice to select the other ice cream that you want.
- Oreos- 36
- Melted and unsalted butter- ½ cup
- Softened Chocolate ice cream- 1 quart
- Softened peanut butter ice cream- 1 quart
- Hot fudge- 1 ½ cup
- Heavy cream- 1 cup
- Pure vanilla extract- ½ teaspoon
- Confectioners’ sugar- 2 tablespoons
- In a food processor or a blender, grind the Oreos into crumbs. Mix the cookie crumbs along with the melted butter.
- Take a 9×13 pan, no need of greasing it. Press the oreo mixture into it.
- Make sure that the cake mixture is very tightly packed inside the pan. Take a spatula and press the mixture as tight as you can. Let it sit for 15 minutes in freezer.
- Now take chocolate ice cream in a bowl and stir it without any lumps. You want a smooth texture in the ice cream. Spread the ice cream on top of a frozen crust.
- Now freeze it again for 15 minutes.
- Now stir the peanut butter ice cream until it turns smooth and there are no lumps present in it. Carefully spread the ice cream on top of the frozen layers and freeze it for 15 more minutes.
- If you have brought the hot fudge from store, then heat it a little to attain the spreadable consistency. Spread it on the top of the ice cream. As the hot fudge is not as cool as ice cream, they both may can combine and create a mess at times. It is ok but take care that they both are not combined completely. Now freeze the fourth layer of ice cream too.
- Take a hand mixer or stand mixer and whip the cream with the help of it. After beating cream for two or three minutes, add the sugar and confectioners to it. Keep the speed to medium and spread this cream on the hot fudge.
- Cover the cake with aluminum foil and you have to freeze it one whole day to get the required consistency. You can freeze the ice cream for some days if you want. Make sure that you are cutting into the crust and use a sharp knife for better cutting experience.