This no bake pumpkin cheesecake uses keto and low carb ingredients, but you’d never tell! It’s an easy and delicious pumpkin dessert recipe perfect for the Fall season! 3 grams net carbs per slice.
This no bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe is the kind of dessert you’d make for anyone who loves pumpkin. It’s low in carbs and has zero sugar, but no one can ever tell. It needs just 5 ingredients, not including spices, and takes minutes to prepare.
The texture hits all the right spots- A delicious thick crust that is filled with a rich and creamy filling. The cheesecake is pleasantly sweet and full of pumpkin flavor, and you’ll find it hard not to reach for a second slice!
How do you make no bake pumpkin cheesecake
This section explains the ingredients in detail, along with possible substitutions and their role in the recipe. It also includes general instructions. For measurements and complete instructions, see the recipe card below.
- 8 or 9 inch pie crust– Any pie crust of choice will work. I used a homemade keto graham cracker pie crust. It’s so simple and quick to prepare.
- Heavy cream– Also known as double cream or thickened cream. This keeps the cheesecake extra creamy and smooth (as opposed to using strictly cream cheese).
- Cream cheese– Room temperature cream cheese and full fat. I don’t recommend using reduced-fat cream cheese, as the filling will be less firm and sturdy.
- Pumpkin puree– Unsweetened pumpkin puree! I used homemade pumpkin puree, but you can use the canned variety too.
- Sugar Free powdered sugar– A keto version of traditional confectioners sugar. Easily make your own.
- Cinnamon-A must for any fall-inspired dessert. Cinnamon and pumpkin is an incredible combination.
- Nutmeg– Like cinnamon, nutmeg works so well in pumpkin desserts.
Start by preparing your pie crust then refrigerate it to set. In a medium bowl, beat your heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat your cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly add your pumpkin puree until combined. Next, add your powdered sugar slowly, until no clumps remain. Add the spices until combined, before folding in the whipped cream. Transfer the cheesecake mixture into the crust and refrigerate overnight.
Tips for the best recipe
- Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature- This ensures the pumpkin cheesecake filling will be super smooth, and also firm up nicely.
- If you don’t follow any dietary restrictions, any pie crust and standard powdered sugar can be used.
- Prepare everything in a springform pan, as it makes the removal of the cheesecake easier.
- To make it vegan. Swap out the heavy cream for plant based double cream and use dairy free cream cheese.
- To make pumpkin cheesecake bars. Instead of letting the cheesecake set in a round tin, let it set in a square pan and slice into bars.
- For a healthy pumpkin cheesecake. Replace the heavy cream with yogurt and use low fat cream cheese.
- Make it crustless. Skip the crust and enjoy this as a crustless pumpkin cheesecake.
Storing and freezing tips
To store: Store leftovers loosely covered in the refrigerator. It will keep well for up to 1 week.
To freeze: You can freeze the pumpkin cheesecake either as an entire cheesecake or as single slices. It should be completely covered, so use a large, freezer friendly container. It will freeze well for up to 6 months.
To thaw: Thaw cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator, or even at room temperature, up to 24 hours prior before serving.