So, it is the season of pineapples. This juicy fruit not only tastes good, but it can also be used as an integral ingredient in a dessert. For example, have you ever tried making pineapple upside down cake? No! Then it is time to make this awesome cake and give your family a sweet surprise. The key thing is you can make this cake both with eggs and without too. That’s why I am giving details of 2 recipes, 1 is without egg, perfectly suitable for the vegetarians and 1 with egg.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Without Egg
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes
- Maraschino cherries – 10 ounce
- Yellow cake mix – 18.25 ounce
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Coconut flakes – ½ cup
- Crushed pineapple – 8 ounce
- Sliced pineapple – 8 ounce
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take 2 round cake dish of 9 inches and grease the bottom as well as the sides of the pan with butter. Now sprinkle some brown sugar to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Now in one pan, spread the coconut flakes on top of the brown sugar followed by the sliced pineapple. Add cherries in the center of the pineapple layer.
- In the second pan, spread the crushed pineapple over the sugar layer.
- Next, mix the cake batter following the instructions given on the packet. Just make sure that you use pineapple juice instead of water while mixing it.
- Pour this batter into the two pans equally.
- Put both the cake pans into the oven and bake for about 50 minutes. As soon as it is done, take them out of the oven and keep them aside to cool.
- Take a serving plate and place the cakes with the pineapple layers at the top.
Fresh Pineapple Cake With Crème Fraiche
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Flour – 1 ½ cup
- Brown sugar – ¾ cup
- White sugar – ½ cup
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Pineapple – 1, fresh and cut into rings
- Pineapple juice – ¾ cup, unsweetened
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Baking powder – 2 Tsp
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a cake pan of 9-inch and grease it with butter.
- Take a bowl and mix the pineapple juice and brown sugar with 5 tbsp of butter. Now put this mixture at the base of the pan. On it spread the pineapple rings evenly. Put it aside.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and white sugar in another bowl.
- Separate the eggs in two bowls. Whisk the egg whites till it becomes stiff, but refrain from overdoing.
- Now beat the egg yolks. Tip in the pineapple juice, remaining melted butter and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture in it and mix everything very well.
- Now mix the egg whites in it and stir them.
- Then pour this batter in the cake pan lined with pineapple rings.
- Bake it for about half an hour. Take it out when done and cool it.
- Keep the cake on the serving plate with pineapple side up.
Serve it with a creme fraiche to make it extra delicious.