Carrot cake is yummy. The perfectly moist cake with so many flavors makes all of us crave for more. Having this in mind, I will share a recipe for carrot cake today.
This carrot cake is layered and has cream cheese frosting on the top and in between the cake layers.
Recipe For Carrot Cake With Cheese Frosting
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour 20 minutes
- Flour – 3 cups
- Kosher salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 2 tsp
- Granulated sugar – 2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 1 ½ cups
- Eggs – 4, large
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Grated carrots – 3 cups
- Pecan – 1 cup, chopped
- Raisin – 1 cup
- Cooking spray
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese – 8 ounces, softened
- Butter – ½ cup, softened
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Sugar powder – 4 cups
How To Prepare
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take 2 round baking pans of 8 inches. Grease them well.
- In a bowl, add the flour along with salt, baking soda, and cinnamon powder. Mix them well.
- Pour the oil in another bowl. Add the sugar and using a hand mixer start beating the oil and sugar. When the ingredients are well combined, start adding the eggs, one by one and continue with the beating. Now mix the vanilla extract.
- Pour this concoction of eggs, sugar, and oil in the bowl of flour and using a spatula, combine them thoroughly. Add the grated carrots, chopped pecans, and raisins. Mix them well.
- The cake batter is ready. Pour it in the baking pans. Inset both the pans in the oven and let them bake for about 45 minutes. Take the pans out and insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is perfect or not. If you see that the toothpick is coming out without sticking to the cake, your cakes are made correctly.
- Let the cakes cool for around 20 minutes.
Making The Cream Cheese Frosting
- Take a big bowl and add the softened butter along with softened cream cheese. Beat them with the hand mixer till you get a smooth mixture. Add the sugar powder as well as vanilla extract and beat them again till they mix well together.
- By now, your carrot cakes are cooled completely. Coat the upper layers of one cake with the frosting. Now, place another cake on it and spread the frosting on the top and sides as well.
- Garnish the top with the chopped pecans. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Now cut into slices and serve.
Recipe For Carrot Cake – Some Tips
- The use of vegetable oil makes the preparation simpler. You neither have to soften it and whisk it with sugar. Moreover, the oil will help the ingredients shine and make the cake moist.
- If you are not fond of raisins, avoid using them. You can use any other dried fruits like dried cranberries instead.
- I have added pecans to give it the crunchiness. But if you want, you can use walnuts in place of pecans. Or do not use any of them.