Lemon Cheesecake balls are a fun and easy way to get your sweet fix. They're also an excellent alternative to sugar cookies or other sweets for the holidays. Just imagine how much more excited you'll be when you break into these bite-sized cream cheese delights!
First recipe of lemon cheesecake balls
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for coating
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on baking sheets for several minutes, then roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Store in an airtight container when completely cooled.
1) You can store these lemon cheesecake balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Just allow them to come to room temperature before serving.
2) If you don't have a lemon zester, you can use a fine grater instead. It will take a little longer but it's just as effective!
3) You can also add these balls to your holiday cookie platter! They'll be the star of the show.
We hope you enjoy these delicious and festive lemon cheesecake balls! Merry Christmas! or Happy Holidays! 🙂
second recipe of lemon cheesecake balls
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl.
- Press into the bottom of an 8 inch round springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and zest to the cream cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and stir the mixture again.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture and mix until completely combined.
- If you want a sweeter cheesecake, add another cup of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Spread into an even layer on top of graham cracker crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Scoop out the cake into evenly sized balls.
If you are looking for a delicious recipe to make, look no further. You will love how easy it is and the best part? It tastes like cheesecake! Once they have been chilled overnight, all that's left to do is enjoy them with family and friends at your next event. Who doesn't want an excuse to eat dessert first?! So what are you waiting for? Get out there and bake up these lemon cheesecake balls before summer comes to an end so you can show off your baking skills this holiday season too!